Hearts & Minds Program Director
Westwood Church is currently seeking a new Program Director for our Hearts & Minds program, our Christian early childhood Mom’s Day Out and Preschool program.
The Mission of Hearts & Minds:
Hearts & Minds is designed to provide a well-balanced readiness experience for each child as they grow to each stage of development. Our joy and love for Jesus shines as we provide a program where children can learn, explore and discover their world in a safe and nurturing environment. Our focus is to provide a stimulating early care and education experience, which promotes each child’s social/emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our goal is to support children’s desire to be life-long learners in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Job Description: The Program Director of Hearts & Minds will:
- Provide overall leadership and management to the entirety of the Hearts & Minds Program. This includes supervision of approximately 30 staff members, planning and direction of all programs including Mom’s Day Out, Preschool, and High Five.
- Communicate with and ensure compliance with state and county regulatory agencies.
- Provide leadership to the marketing and registration of Hearts & Minds.
- Provide financial oversight to ensure the financial stability of Hearts & Minds.
- Cooperate and communicate with the program staff members of Westwood Church including monthly coaching meetings with Pastor Quinn and regular staff meeting attendance.
- Be meaningfully connected to the life of Westwood Church so as to be a personal liaison between the Hearts & Minds Program and Westwood Church.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate for our Director position will:
- Have a significant and growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and be able and willing to become an active member of Westwood Church.
- Have postsecondary education, Bachelor’s degree preferred (in education or early education is ideal).
- Have relevant professional experience, managerial experience preferred.
- Be able to pass all background checks.
- Offers some day to day and week to week flexibility that really helps the parent of a busy family.
- Is mission driven – a wonderful place for a candidate who loves Christ and loves children.
- Is team focused. This staff member will be considered part of the program staff team at Westwood Church and thus will join a caring and capable group of ministry professionals and will also have a Hearts & Minds Leadership Team around him or her.
- Is considered part-time that follows, roughly, a school year schedule plus a 7-week summer session. When Hearts & Minds is not in session the Program Director is able to be off. Hearts & Minds is in session, approximately 40 weeks per year.
- Offers a competitive salary for commensurate hours and work.
- Offers financial provision for professional growth.
- Is currently open only to individuals currently employed by Hearts & Minds and/or who are engaged in the life and ministry of Westwood Church as Members or Adherents.