Who’s ready to serve!? Middle schoolers (and parents, if you wish to join us! 😉 are invited to come and volunteer with our group at the Food Bank. Volunteers must be at least 10 years old. Please read all the details below and use the links at the bottom to get registered using our group’s code.
**There are a limited number of spots saved for our group. Please register ASAP if you’re interest in participating. If you attempt to register and all the spots are filled, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know and I’ll see if we can get more spots added to our group.
Middle School Church Group – Kara Willems
Thank you for choosing to volunteer at Food Bank for the Heartland. We are excited to have your group come volunteer with us.
A few things you should know:
- On the day of your volunteer shift, please park at the south side of our building. The volunteer entrance is at the southwest corner under the Food Bank for the Heartland awning and I, or another Food Bank employee, will be there to greet you!
- We encourage our volunteers to dress comfortably. Our Volunteer Center is climate controlled, so we recommend dressing in layers.
- Please make sure to wear a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops or cut offs). Many company volunteer groups wear company t-shirts to show their workplace pride!
- All volunteers must wear close toed shoes (no sandals or flip flops). We recommend wearing comfortable tennis shoes, as most of your session will involve standing.
- For some activities, volunteers may be asked to take off jewelry on their hands and wrists (watches, bracelets, rings).
- No tobacco use, vaping, or chewing gum is allowed in the warehouse.
- No eating or drinking in the warehouse, except for water. Eating and drinking should only take place in designated areas.
- Illness: Any person who, by medical examination or by supervisory observation, is shown to have or appears to have an illness shall be excluded from any operations which may be expected to result in contamination of food until the condition is corrected.
- All personal items are to be stored in the personal storage area, away from general food areas. It is recommended that volunteers don’t bring personal items into the building.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. We do welcome younger children ages 10-15, but they must be supervised by an adult.
- If you would like to bring a child between the ages of 10 and 15 in to volunteer, there must be one adult to every five children present.
Food Bank for the Heartland Volunteer Center
10525 J Street Omaha, NE 68127
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Food Bank for the Heartland event registration page: https://cerv.is/0353g3cGYTi
2. Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the “Private Registration Code” field. Next, click the “Register for selected event” button to complete the additional registration.
Private Registration Code: 3cGYTi